Re: Reading and writing in art

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Woody Duncan (wduncan)
Sun, 05 Sep 1999 19:31:40 -0500

"Bickley-Green, Cynthia Ann" wrote:

> when we ask
> children what they have learned from a particular project every child has a
> different answer.

Fantastic, I try to teach my 6th graders on day one that if everyone has
a different
answer then everyone has the correct answer. Most seem to understand,
but soon
revert to trying to get me to tell them what is correct or what I want
them to do.
We have them well trained, because they even politely ask permission to
do the
slightest deviation from the norm. "This is art, if you have a better
idea do it that's
what art is all about, being different."
Woody in KC

--
the new URL for school is http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/user04
             http://www.taospaint.com/NineMonths.html