RE: Reading and writing in art

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Bickley-Green, Cynthia Ann (BICKLEYGREENC)
Sun, 5 Sep 1999 20:45:16 -0400

The children think they must answer in a particular way because throughout
their schooling we (teachers & parents) only look for the answers we want to
see. Perhaps it is time to listen to the children to hear what they are
thinking; and once we learn what they are thinking we must learn to respond
with sensitivity to the thoughts that are revealed.

Perhaps we need to move away from correct and incorrect to more of a
classroom dialog. CAB-G