Re: VISUAL ARTS CURRICULUM

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
L.P. Skeen (lpskeen@living-tree.net)
Sun, 05 Sep 1999 16:11:49 -0400

Bob Beeching wrote:

> Just as students in P.E. are evaluated on physical performance, your
> students are in visual arts to produce visual arts, not reading,
> writing, and arithmetic.

I don't know how it works in your district, but NC teachers are required
to teach reading and writing skills, somehow, no matter what subject
they teach. I am doing this by assigning reports to be written on arts
subjects. They will be graded for content a well as
spelling/grammatical errors.

--
Lisa Skeen          ICQ#15554910
http://www.living-tree.net

Living Tree Pottery & Soaps, Summerfield, NC

~*~* A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.*~*~

@}~~~ Religions should get out of politics or be taxed.~~~{@