Re: creating lamp shades

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Stacey Bernstein (staceyb)
Sat, 4 Sep 1999 12:00:13 -0700

Lisa,

I enjoy making lamp shades with wire armatures, just like regular lamp
shades, and loosly weaving assorted wires in the open spaces, threading
objects or glass beads, etc. on the strands. The wire weaving can be
systematic, like an orb web, or more chaotically utilized.
It is also cool to use collaged papers (rice paper, newspaper, opaque
papers as pattern, etc...) across the open areas of the frame.
Mixed media lamp shades are fun!

-Stacey

At 5:27 PM +0300 9/4/1999, Lisa Teske wrote:
>Last year my high school students made ceramic lamp bases. We had a few
>problems along the way, but they turned out nicely, and I am up for trying
>it again this year. Has anyone tried making lamp shades before? Any
>suggestions for materials or styles to try?
>
>Thanks!
>Lisa
>
> Lisa Teske, art teacher
>Schutz American School * P.O. Box 1000 * Alexandria, Egypt 21111
>(203) 570-1435 * lisa * http://welcome.to/theteskes

* * * * *
http://www.staceyb.com
Artist & Art Educator
* * * * *
http://robin.river.com/staceyb
a site documenting some of my time and energy as an
Artist in Residence at New Vista High School in Boulder, Colorado.

* * * * *
"A work of art is above all an adventure of mind."
- Eugene Ionesco (1912 - 1994)

* * * * *