Re: Taking advantage of sales and bargains

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Rick (rlarson)
Sat, 04 Sep 1999 12:19:35 -0500

I hate to admit this, but I started to complain to anyone who'd listen about the
pitiful budget I had. The teachers began to listen. ("You'd like us to do
pots? I'd LOVE to if you can buy the clay...") I'm still working on this because
I still only get 2$ per/. ( When we went to 'site-based" I requested a raise in
supply $$ and it was approved. Kinda took it out of my principal's hands- ) I
now put up a giving tree outside of my room where parents can pick from the tree
something to donate like a STAPLER!!! Also, glue, markers, yarn. But since I do
fibers in third and 5th, I send a not home asking for donations of yarn to go into
the classroom bin- to be shared. Anyway, I started to feel that the budget would
never improve if I kept subsidizing it. Better now , but not enough to upgrade,
know what I mean- ?? betsy