Re: Monsters!

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Woody Duncan (wduncan)
Fri, 03 Sep 1999 18:07:38 -0500

In this sweltering heat and humidity in Kansas City, we had our 3rd heat
day today (early release) my students have been great. They are tolerant,
patient and polite. We have been trying to stay the course and set up routines
to begin learning something. I'm not sure how successful we are at
teaching but the kids are fantastic. Most apologize went they slip up.
And yes I have kicked 3 out for
blatant behavior, but in general they get my praise. I continue to
reply to
these negative posts about kids in today's schools because I'm tired of
hearing
about only the negative side. I teach in a poor, very racially mixed,
inner city
school where students and staff are doing a great job of trying to do it right.
Woody in KC