Re: Symbolism

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Woody Duncan (wduncan)
Thu, 02 Sep 1999 20:02:13 -0500

There are some cheap paper backs by Bellerophon Books, 36 Anacapa
Street, Santa Barbara, Ca 93101 Two I have are titled Myths and Legends
of the Indians of the Southwest (each covers different tribes) a Santa
Clara Potter I know gets design ideas from these books.

Lots of books are published about indian rock art, one I use is
A Field Guide to Rock Art Symbols of the Greater Southwest by Alex
Patterson, Published by
Johnson Books / Boulder

One of the best is a book published by Readers Digest called Through
Indian Eyes The Untold Story of Native American Peoples
Hope this is of some help

My 6th graders are using Rock Art for inspiration now and my 8th graders
are drawing from Kachina dolls I brought back from New Mexico.