RE>artsednet-digest V2 #950

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Cathy Cimellaro (cathy.cimellaro.az.us)
30 Sep 98 13:09:28 -0700

From the desk of Cathy Cimellaro RE>artsednet-digest V2 #950
9/30/98 11:55 AM
To Teresa in Tallahasse:
Adobe Premiere is a good software program for editing video. I use it in my high school computer art class and the students and I find it easy touse. Good luck.

--------------------------------------
Date: 9/30/98 9:49 AM
To: Cathy Cimellaro
From: artsednet

artsednet-digest Wednesday, September 30 1998 Volume 02 : Number 950

This edition includes :
Music in the classroom
Re: Music in the classroom
Re: Cartooning Ideas
Re: Expressing War & Peace through art
Re: Principals In Furs?
Re: Clothing: SOCKS are IT!!!
Re: The Art Teacher's Curse
Re: art teachers curse
Ideas for Unit on Jamestown Settlers
Re: Principals In Furs?
Re: Principals In Furs?
Re: Music in the classroom
Re: Clothing: SOCKS are IT!!!
Art Teacher's Curse tired feet and red hands
Re: The Art Teacher's Curse
Fwd: Music in the classroom
Ugly hands
new course name:HELP!!!
apology and explanation
RE: Ugly hands
RE: Cartooning Ideas
Music in the classroom -Reply
video editing
Re: apology and explanation

Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 22:34:40 EDT
From: Stubbyno2
Subject: Music in the classroom

I brought this up last year, but just thought I'd let you know what is
currently popular in my classroom (I teach high school). I'm kind of a music
dictator (did I borrow that title from someone on this list?), whereas I don't
let the kids pick the music (I did my first year - too many fights).

Anyway, I've been playing An English Ladymass, by Anonymous Four (very
angelic-sounding 14th Century Latin Mass)(acapella), and it calms the kids
right down. I've also been playing Songs of Sanctuary, by Adiemus, which I
discovered in the background of Delta Airlines radio spots. I e-mailed Delta,
and they sent me the name of the album. The kids LOVE it, and beg me to put
it on. Today the toughest kid in the class asked me where he could buy it.
The music has a kind of choral, world-music sound, although all of the "words"
are simply created by the authors. I've also followed someone's lead on this
list and tried some Carlos Nakai music - very nice Native American flute.

Back on the list after a short hiatus,

Duffy Franco
Norwalk High School
Norwalk, CT

Thanks for the suggestions -- I'm always looking for some variety in my
elem. room!
Liz in rural NY