RE: Art History ??!!

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Fields, Linda (fieldsl.us)
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 08:59:15 -0400

I do art history this way, too, but have also started incorporating some
other historical info. about other things going on in the world at the
same time, e.g., trade with Japan, the invention of the camera, etc. I
think it helps kids put things in perspective (not to make a pun) and
links their art learning to their other subject areas. We talk about
"does society affect art, or does art affect and reflect society?" Linda
in NC