Re: Visit with an extrordinary man's art.....

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Sat, 26 Sep 1998 07:28:10 -0700

Bunki Kramer wrote:

> Just got back a few minutes ago after visiting the fabulous Alexander
> Calder Exhibit at the San Francisco MOMA. I previewed my visit with a video
> I had recently bought for my classroom called AMERICAN MASTERS: ALEXANDER
> CALDER from PBS. Wow....triple wow!

There will be a Calder exhibit--not sure the same as the one Bunki
saw--at the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Arts beginning in Dec. The
title of the show is Le Grand Cirque.

Bunki, did the video show a lot of his wire sculptures? I'd like for my
students to see what one can do with a few strands of wire (although I've
had some very elegant ones from them).

Maggie