Fwd: The Art Teacher's Curse

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
RWilk85411
Fri, 25 Sep 1998 18:24:12 EDT

--part0_906762252_boundary

From: RWilk85411
To: ktwnldy.az.us
Subject: Re: The Art Teacher's Curse
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 05:54:53 EDT

OK. Gotta jump in here. I am so relieved to find that I am not the only person
to have so much trouble with my feet. Since the art teacher is usually just
that - THE art teacher, I guess we might feel frequently that we are the only
ones suffering these foot problems. After numerous surgeries and enough metal
in my feet to require a note to go through airport security, I am totally
addicted to orthotics, Birkenstocks, and really nice sneakers with good arch
support. I own several pairs of Birkies in various colors and styles. But I
have found that they have to have an enclosed heel or strap or they don't give
the same relief. For me anyway.
Now I would like to point out that, as far as I know, very few of the other
teachers have this problem. So. What do they do? Sit behind their desks all
day? I know carpet makes a big difference because I spent a semester on carpet
last year and a semester on linoleum when my studios were finished. I noticed
a big difference second semester. Too bad we can't have that cushioned
linoleum.
Boy am I relieved to know that I am not a freak. This list serve is GREAT!
Reatha

--part0_906762252_boundary--