Re: printmaking clean-up

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Litesal (Litesal)
Sun, 20 Sep 1998 19:35:46 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: gregjuli <gregjuli>
To: artsednet.edu <artsednet.edu>
Date: Sunday, September 20, 1998 11:54 AM
Subject: printmaking clean-up

Dear Mary,

I'm not sure if this is a clean up tip, but it helps me keep things
organized. I have taped pieces of plexiglass to the middle of the inside of
7 pop boxes (I have 7 tables). I put the ink on the plexiglass and switch
the boxes when students are ready to switch colors (instead of them moving
around the room, especially the younger ones, k-2). The brayers fit in the
boxes also, with the handles leaning on the edge. When we are done
printing (at the end of class, or even at the end of the day), I sponge off
the plexiglass, let the boxes dry, and we're ready for the next session.
When I'm all done printing (for awhile), I take the glass out, clean it,
and throw the boxes away! Oh, and the tables are covered with butcher
paper. I also have the kids go all around the chairs and tables with
sponges, looking for spots of ink to clean. I soak the brayers in buckets
until I get a chance to clean them. I have a small band of helpers who have
been with me since they were in third grade (they offered! Now they're in
fifth) who often clean the brayers and glass for me at the end of the day.

Sincerely, Leah