Re: New Computer In the Artroom

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
M.Grosspietsch (teachart)
Sun, 20 Sep 1998 13:06:16 -0500

Your ideas thus far sound appropriate for a one computer set up in an
art room. I also use my teacher station and overhead monitors to show
Claris slide shows of previous work (scan in or bring in via digital
camera, etc.) I am in the fortunate position to have a graphics lab,
too, so my computer and monitors also serve me for demonstration
purposes.

As for the future when you could receive more computers in the
classroom: would this be to make use of them as an art making tool? If
so, the expense may be more justifiable with this analogy...... when you
order drawing pencils, do you order 1 or 4 for the entire class to use
on a rotational basis, or enough for all students? If your district
can't or won't provide computers for all art students in their own lab
(now wouldn't that be nice!), at least aim for equal time in a school
lab equipped with art making software!

Margaret