Re: storyboards

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Sat, 19 Sep 1998 12:11:55 -0700

Maahmaah wrote:

> In a message dated 9/19/98 6:05:21 AM Central Daylight Time,
> RWilk85411 writes:
> <snip>
> > Storyboarding is something we should all be teaching to prepare
> > our students who may be interested in animation.
>
> Storyboards, aside from preparing kids for specific careers, are great for
> sequencing, thinking visually, understanding the importance of detail,
> communication, design principles and on and on and on. <snip>
>
> I would love to hear how others use the storyboard. I know there are many
> more ideas floating around out there than I could ever dream up myself.

And so, I'm sure, would a lot of us! This sounds like a wonderful idea
for a Hands-On Workshop at the NAEA National Convention. You're too late
for submitting a proposal for '99, but think about 2000 in L.A. I'm
serious..One or both of you should do this. Having had proposals
accepted for the last four years, I could help you prepare. It's not too
soon; the deadline will be next June.

Maggie