Equipment for fused glass

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Jane Shiflett Manner (jmanner)
Sat, 19 Sep 1998 10:41:16 -0400

Nancy, this was returned when I sent it directly to you. I hope you are
still lurking in ArtsEdNet...

>Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 10:31:04 -0400
>To: tqtime
>From: Jane Shiflett Manner <jmanner>
>Subject: Equipment for fused glass
>
>Nancy,
>
>I'm just getting around to some messages from long ago, but I'd really
like to find out more about the equipment you have. I have a little
non-designated funding this year and want to purchase equipment for doing
the various kiln glass work-fusing, slumping, maybe some of the paste
things. I've ordered books and have read enough to sound like I know
something about this when I'm really stumbling around in the dark.

>Where did you purchase your equipment? What did you purchase? Where are
you getting your consumable supplies? (The books that have arrived so far
are giving British suppliers.) I'm in rural Georgia, but can order where I
have to to get what I need. Have you thought of a larger kiln for glass to
do bowls and sculptures? If you were going to do larger work, which
equipment would you consider?