Re:Children's books on women artists

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Katherine Giltinan (k.giltinan)
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 21:17:38 -0500

Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 19:24:04 -0000
From: Melissa Enderle <enderlml.wi.us>
Subject: Re:Children=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=b9s_Books_on_Women_Artists?=

>Does anyone out there know of children's books on women artists? I have
>the Venezia series but it has only O'Keefe and Cassatt. Can use
>anything from pre-school age through 6th grade.

Hi Melissa, The following books may help:

AUTHOR:
Turner, Robyn
TITLE:
Faith Ringgold / Robyn Montana Turner.
PUBLISHED:
Boston : Little, Brown, 1993.
32 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 29 cm.
SERIES:
Portraits of women artists for children
NOTES:
to be true to her African-American heritage
brought about an influential new art form.
SUBJECTS:
Ringgold, Faith--Juvenile literature.
Afro-American artists--Biography--Juvenile literature.
ISBN:
0316856525 :
OCLC NUMBER:
27222494

AUTHOR:
Turner, Robyn
TITLE:
Frida Kahlo / Robyn Montana Turner.
EDITION:
1st ed.
PUBLISHED:
Boston : Little, Brown, 1993.
32 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 29 cm.
SERIES:
Portraits of women artists for children
NOTES:
SUBJECTS:
Kahlo, Frida--Juvenile literature.
Painters--Mexico--Biography--Juvenile literature.
ISBN:
0316856517 :
OCLC NUMBER:
24377960

AUTHOR:
Turner, Robyn
TITLE:
Georgia O'Keeffe / Robyn Montana Turner.
EDITION:
1st ed.
PUBLISHED:
Boston : Little, Brown, c1991.
32 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 29 cm.
SERIES:
Portraits of women artists for children
NOTES:
images of gigantic flowers, cityscapes, and
distinctive desert scenes.
SUBJECTS:
O'Keeffe, Georgia, 1887-1986.--Juvenile literature.
Painters--United States--Biography--Juvenile literature.
ISBN:
0316856495 (reinforced bdg.) :
OCLC NUMBER:
22596513

AUTHOR:
Turner, Robyn
TITLE:
Mary Cassatt / Robyn Montana Turner.
EDITION:
1st ed.
PUBLISHED:
Boston : Little, Brown, c1992.
32 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 29 cm.
SERIES:
Portraits of women artists for children
NOTES:
for her luminous paintings of children and
mothers.
SUBJECTS:
Cassatt, Mary, 1844-1926.--Juvenile literature.
Painters--United States--Biography--Juvenile literature.
ISBN:
0316856509 :
OCLC NUMBER:
24377967