Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.
1. I AM IMPULSIVE BECAUSE I WAS NEVER TAUGHT SELF-DISCIPLINE.
2. I HAVE DIFFICULTIES WITH ANGER BECAUSE I WAS NEVER TAUGHT TO
APPROPRIATELY DEAL WITH MY OWN OR OTHER PEOPLESí ANGER.
3. I HAVE A PHOBIC RESPONSE TO PAIN BECAUSE I WAS NEVER TAUGHT
TO COPE WITH MY OWN OR OTHER PEOPLESí EMOTIONAL HURT.
4. I HAVE A DEPENDENCY CONFLICT BECAUSE I WAS NEVER TAUGHT
HOW TO DO FOR MYSELF THOSE THINGS I CAN DO NOR TO ASK
OTHERS TO DO FOR ME THOSE THINGS I CAN'T DO.
5. I TEND TO BE SOCIALLY AND EMOTIONALLY ISOLATED BECAUSE I WAS
NEVER TAUGHT TO BE COMFORTABLE WITH OTHER PEOPLE.
6. I TEND TO LIVE LIFE IN EXTREMES BECAUSE I WAS NEVER TAUGHT TO
7. I AM CONTROLLING BECAUSE I WAS NEVER TAUGHT TO TRUST
OTHER PEOPLE, MYSELF OR MY GOD.
8. I AM SELF-CENTERED BECAUSE I WAS NEVER TAUGHT TO
EXPERIENCE THE DEEP FEELING OF SATISFACTION THAT COMES
FROM TRULY GIVING TO OTHERS.
Our health teacher shared this with me. I believe it is from the 12 step
program and can be found through A.A. or N.A.