Re: "Openers"sponge

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
suzette milam (smilam)
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 06:16:07 +0000

Robert Nickelson wrote:

> Thanks -- great idea -- I will try the same idea out and use my
> computer to capture some great images -- then project it on the big
> screen TV -- add text... great idea -- the students can do this while
> I do roll.
>
> Robert Nickelson
> Payson Middle School
> 851 West 450 South
> Payson, Utah 84651
> (801) 465-6040
> NBob

I'm glad to help out. Today I showed them Kathe Kollwitz "Mother with Dead
Child". It sparked a discussion about art not always being about beauty.
Expressive images, etc. The kids made similarities to watching sad movies ie.
Titanic. Why do we crave powerful emotion? It was a great teachable
moment....right into social realism art. I think Dorthea Lange will pop up
soon :)

Suzette [wishing she had all the cool stuff Robert has]