Re: Poster Contests

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Litesal (Litesal)
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 17:52:32 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Maahmaah <Maahmaah>
To: artsednet.edu <artsednet.edu>
Date: Monday, September 14, 1998 1:32 AM
Subject: Re: Poster Contests

Dear Colleagues,

Poster contests create a dilemma for me, as well. It's not that I don't
like them, it's that I feel pressed for time. For example, the fifth grade
teachers want me to do a lesson on poster making, and have their students
create a poster that supports not using drugs. Great idea, yes, but I'm
trying to have the students complete some work before open house, Monday's
students had their first class just today (after having in-service and labor
day), and the posters have to be done by the end of the month. It frazzles
me. If I just give them the information, and let them go, all that
composition information that they have in their brain, goes out the window,
I MUST REMIND THEM! Uugh! I wish I had every class, every day, so much to
do....so little time....

Leah