Re: Fwd: THANK YOU, WENDY!!!

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Ellyn Wenk (ellyn)
Sun, 13 Sep 1998 12:09:33 -0500

You wrote:

> I was very troubled by the negative messages regarding the inclusion
> of
> special ed

My message was a question of what to do, not a negative message.
However because you wrote:

> We have the best self-contained teacher in the country, whose room is
> across
> from mine
> and with whom I have a great working relationship. We work together
> placing a
> few of his kids in my classes in compatible pairs or threes.

This is why you feel the children are not a problem! Most schools do
not have this or the special teachers (art, music, ph ed) are excluded
from the planning sessions, because they use those times to tell the
classroom teachers how to work with the students.

> A student who wants to cause trouble while waiting for me either gets
> assist me with
> supplies or wait out in the hall to discuss his behavior.

An ED student could not wait in the hall for you. Or help you pass out
supplies while
he/she is biting or kicking or throwing supplies. You must not have
had the type of ED students that I am talking about in your room.