Re: Drawing Lesson Suggestions - Help! (and a little schedule whining!)

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Jasmine Preston (jdp30)
Sat, 12 Sep 1998 20:56:53 -0500

Dear Deb,

I am also using the Betty Edwards exercises with Art I students. When it
comes to the stage of positive negative, the project moves slightly away
from Betty Edwards. After drawing a positive negative image of a man and
then a woman from handouts, there are exercises on drawing portraits-the
proportions of the features, etc. and then I'll have the students draw
themselves from the photos I took of them. This is a long project and I do
a lot of pep talks to keep everyone motivated. We're just beginning the
actual portraits and they seem ready and eager. I'm saving lessons on
sighting, perspective etc. until later, maybe combining them with painting
lessons.

Jasmine
jdp30