Re: Betty Edwards

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Stenger - Judith DiSalvo (jstenger)
Sat, 12 Sep 1998 19:37:50 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Vicki,
Dr. Betty Edwards has written several books based on brain research.
The data is old--1960's, and fairly simplistic, but easily explained to
children. She uses what was learned about the functions and processes of
the right brain hemisphere, and the opposite and complementary functions
of the left hemisphere. She's combined this with the studies of other
artist/teachers (Nicoliaides and others) as an approach to creativity
through observational drawing. Two of her works are "Drawing on the Right
Side of The Brain," and Drawing on the Artist Within."
Judy