Re: watercolor pencils

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Sat, 12 Sep 1998 17:51:31 -0400

What do you want to know specifically? You can change lessons to
include this medium. There are several brands out there. Caran
D'ache(sp),
supracolor I,II,Derwent watercolour and many others to try. I know I
have a lesson using this medium as an alternant to an artist. I want
to Gauguin. I'll look.
Go to an art store and ask for any W.C. pencil which are old stock
and they might be getting rid of. Also there are a lot of books
which you can find in both art stores and in regular(borders,barnes
and nobles)
book stores.
After doing a drawing lesson-i.e.still life, have the students
apply water to the shaded areas,the expand from there.
sandra