Re: "It's Cute"

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Jerry & Anne Carman-Hendel (hendel)
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 22:34:53

Debi,
Thanks for your response. Actually, I displayed the Picasso print "Girl
Before a Mirror" and some info along with the children's work. One thing I
have challenged myself with this year is to expand communication with
parents, and so I am developing a newletter to send home with the kids each
quarter this year (maybe more next year). I plan to include explanations
of our projects, resources available at home, web sites, etc. It would be
great to have students do some of the writing, too.
The mother and I actually had a civil conversation. She told me about
using some info from the Women's Museum of Art and we discussed this
listserv and the technology available. Basically, she caught me hot, tired,
at the end of the day. Today, as I was getting in my car, a mother who
works as an aide at school said, "Those Picasso drawings are adorable. The
kids did such a good job!" You'll be relieved to know I smiled and just
said, "Thanks!"
I could/can see humor in my own reaction. What I vented at you folks was
sort of like Kevin Arnold's inner voice on "The Wonder Years." Poking fun
at myself. Thought some other folks out there would recognize the
situation. Sorry if you worried that there was a ballistic teacher out there.

Anne C-H