Re: "It's Cute"

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 19:47:16 -0400

I had a little chuckle. Okay I can deal with cute. But I despise
the word "artsy" or "crafty", it somehow diminishes the work and
everything you put into a lesson. Especially if another teacher
suggest your help because your so "Artsy". Trying to explain this to
a layman is like pulling a pea through a hook rug.
I do wonder have you put up a handout on the wall next to the
artwork. I always have a handout to explain the lesson, process and
if we are doing an artist or learning a theory that is on it as
well.
Maybe your class could work on it together. I also list the names of
the
kids and the grade. On each piece is a label mounted on black board
with their names. You will have the names all year if you start at
the beginning of the year. At each class I hand out what we covered
and the lesson etc,like the handout. If that is too much paper work,
then maybe handout the topics for the week you are going to cover.
Maybe once a month or a whole year of topics. Hope this helps.