Re: The behaviorally challenged student!

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Litesal (Litesal)
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 19:31:17 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Christine Merriam <ktwnldy.az.us>
To: BluesTruth <BluesTruth>
Cc: ArtsEdNet <ArtsEdNet.edu>
Date: Wednesday, September 09, 1998 2:22 PM
Subject: Re: The behaviorally challenged student!

I agree with Christine wholeheartedly! Excellent advice! The more positive
I can be with my students (any student) the better they get. When I
acknowlege more negative behaviors than appropriate behaviors, it sets a
negative tone for the whole classroom. This kind of atmosphere is hard to
turn around....avoid it at all costs. When I hear about those "bad seeds"
during lunch with my colleagues, I use that information. I seek those kids
out, and smile at them a lot, I stop them in the hall and ask how their day
is going, and I stop by their seats in art class a little more often to
encourage them. When students know you care, it makes a world of
difference.

Sincerely, Leah