Re: Urgently needing some ideas.

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Kurt Hasselman (kprs)
Tue, 08 Sep 1998 18:24:32 -0400

One exercise you can do is have them write poetry using the artwork as
inspiration...so for example if you show them an impressionistic piece of
work it can be the backdrop to their poem...but the poem must also describe
the painting.

Another exercise is to write a piece for a newspaper describing the painting
that was just stolen from the local art museum.....in a journalistic way,
using facts about the artist, the artist's time, the size, color, and
detailed description of the work.

You could have the student's pretend to write a diary entry as Vincent Van
Gogh (use his letters to Theo as a model) as he describes his daily work on
"Starry Night" or "The Potato Eaters".

You could have the students write a debate out (like a one act play) of two
artists who have done the same subject but in a totally different way, for
example a debate between Gainsborough and portraiture (Blue Boy) and Picasso
and portraiture (anyone of his paintings during his blue period).

I hope that's a start.

San D