Re: How are things going ?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
carla schiller (charwitt.us)
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 20:24:39 -0700 (PDT)

what I'm planning for my first day of Art History (mostly 11th graders).
I'm going to try a variation of "Art Bingo" that I've seen/heard about in
various places. I'm going to give each kid a laminated card with 5 rows
across and 5 rows down. In the center will be some sort of art stamp and
the words "free space." In each of the other squares (rectangles,
actually), I will have written something like "Picasso" or "Renaissance"
or "fresco" or "Greek", something different in each square and different
things (though some repeats) on all of the boards. Then I will show a
series of slides of art reproductions. We'll talk about each one --first
I'll find out if anyone knows what it is and then I'll elicit/give
information about the style, the medium, the period, etc. If the students
has any squares that fit that slide, he/she will put a penny on each
square that fits. First one with 5 in a row wins.

The reason I'm doing it this way is that I already have the slides, and
making the boards will be easy. The variations I've heard about in the
past all involved having pictures on the game boards themselves.

I'll let you know how it goes next week, if anyone is interested.
--Carla
Carla Schiller, Esq.
Teacher, Highly Gifted Magnet
North Hollywood High School, CA
e-mail: charwitt.us
"Men are from Earth. Women are from Earth. Deal with it."