re:to beating the teacher blues

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Fran Marze (fmaiu+@pitt.edu)
Tue, 30 Sep 1997 17:58:10 -0400 (EDT)

Respond to this message.

Sara: I had to reply to you. Remember only those who do nothing never
fail! Yes, you will have some lessons that "bomb," some days when nothing
seems to go right, but keep a positive attitude and the next day is a new
beginning. Overplan in the beginning if possible and expect the
unexpected. I have a student teacher now and I tell her the same things
and she is doing a great job. Be yourself and do not try to model yourself
after some ideal or some other person. Be fair and respect the students
and in the long run, you will have a good experience.
Fran

On Tue, 30 Sep 1997, sara oneill wrote:

> This message is in response to Charles's letter about beating the teacher
> blues. I am a art education major and will be student teaching this coming
> spring. I have tons of mixed emotions about what is in store for me. I am
> truly excited, yet at the same time I am terrified of failure!! It was
> refreshing to hear of some things to keep in mind when you have the "teacher
> blues", such as thinking of all the holiday and summer breaks etc. It is
> just nice to hear that I am not the only one with tons of anxiety!!
> If anyone else feels the same way feel free to share.
> thanks-
> Sara O'Neill

Respond to this message.