Re: One computer Art Room

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John Bundy (jibundy)
Sat, 27 Sep 1997 18:37:27 -0400

Respond to this message.

Since being bumped from my computer art classes, I have been teaching a one
semester Introduction to art class and a year long Foundations in art. I
have a pentium 100mhz with lots of software I purchased out of my pocket.
Part of the foundations class Has been about tessellation's. I have been
using Tesselamania Deluxe from MECC. It allows students to understand the
concepts much faster. Most of the class is doing them with paper and
templates they make. Then they get more involved using the pc. We have also
been making implied curve designs with straight lines. We are using Painter
5 to allow advanced applications on the computer. Also We scan line designs
which we use the computer to fill and alter. Then students go back and
finish their original piece but now they have made a decision based upon
their computer experiments as to how would be the best way to finish their
project. Students from the Intro class are harder to get excited about art
(they often times did not choose to be in art) I have introduced several of
them to Microsoft's Nicholidan 3-d Movie Maker this has them fired up and
working making short movies. John Bundy Anderson High School
> From: Deborah Gilbert <dngart.us>
> To: artsednet.edu
> Subject: One computer Art Room
> Date: Saturday, September 27, 1997 4:41 PM
>
> I would like to make a request of you all - I am going to be doing a
> teacher's inservice on October 28th on how to make use of technology in
the
> classroom when you only have one computer. I would be interested in any
> tips you might have for organization and management of student's time on
> the computer as well as what programs you use and for what purpose.
>
> Thanks so much, ahead of time..
>
> Deborah

Respond to this message.