Re: Dylon Cold Dyes - And Thank You All For Your Responses

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
leah marie willow (lwillow)
Thu, 25 Sep 1997 18:12:23 -0700 (PDT)

Respond to this message.

I'm not sure what Dylon Cold Dyes are but I have done tye-dying w/ grades
K-5 and have a few pointers. We did our dying outside to cut down on
cleaning and otherwise reduce the risk of disaster. We put the dye in
lrg plastic squeeze bottles w/ spouts so kids could easily squirt desired
amount in desired location on shirt. After kids dyed their shirts we put
them in labeled plastic bags. Kids had great time dying and really cute
shirts. Hope this helps, L

On Thu, 25 Sep 1997 PicasoLovr wrote:

> Thanks art teachers,
> For your responses to Unmotivated Third Graders, and thank you Mark for your
> interesting lesson on Praise, Question, and Propose with the younger grades.
> I'm crazy about my first graders.
> I purchased Dylon cold dyes with cold dye fix to tie dye tee shirts with my
> fourth and fifth grade art club. Has anyone done this with 20 elementary
> children before? Should I buy plastic pails for each color? One art teacher
> mentioned putting the tee shirts in the microwave? What's the scoop? Has
> anyone done this before? I'd appreciate all input, so that my art club can
> create some great tee shirts. I don't want top spend two hours cleaning up
> later.
> Thanks,
> Sue

Respond to this message.