Re: Beating the Teacher Blues

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
leah marie willow (lwillow)
Thu, 25 Sep 1997 17:21:15 -0700 (PDT)

Respond to this message.

All,
This is a great question! As a student teacher 3 wks into my practicum,
I too would love to hear about how you master teachers out there beat the
blues, maintain your sanity, etc. How about posting this info for all to
benefit? Thanks, Leah

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997, Alix E. Peshette wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> How do YOU beat the blues? I will be giving a mentor teacher
> presention to new teachers on the subject of the predictable emotional
> stages of first-year teachers; anticipation, disillusionment, despair,
> reflection, encouragement, renewal, etc. I am collecting ideas from veteran
> teachers on how they beat the blues and periodically reward themselves.
>
> These ideas can be little (and big) rewards, inspirational thoughts,
> actions and attitudes that help you make it through the year.
> I would like to have the name of your school and the state in which
> you are teaching, as I will be giving credit for your ideas.
>
> Many thanks in advance for your help! You can e-mail me off-list.
>
> Alix Peshette
> Emerson Junior High School
> Davis, CA
> apeshet

Respond to this message.

  • Reply: JUDIEJ48: "Re: Re: Beating the Teacher Blues"