Re: Japanese Art

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Alix E. Peshette (apeshet)
Wed, 24 Sep 1997 18:50:03 +0000

Respond to this message.

> From: L666667A
> Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 20:35:42 -0500 (EST)
> Subject: Japanese Art
> To: ARTSEDNET.edu

Hi Lauren,
I teach 7th grade social studies. We do a flat Japanese fan, using
traditional Japanese heraldry symbols as the designs. These fans are
done on manilla tagboard. Students color the fans with colered pencils,
then glue five popicle sticks to form the handle. I use the Dover book on
Japanese Family Crests as the visual resource materials, which I have
photocopied and laminated into class sets. We do a planning
sheet/rough draft first, then the real fan. This project can be done in two class
days.
-Alix

> I am doing a unit on Japanese Art, and only have two weeks to complete the unit.We will be working with clay to make Netsukes, and Japanese Folded Books. If
> possible I would like to add some one or two day projects onto
> a couple one or two day projects. I was wonder-
> ing if any of you had any ideas, other than Origami? This is for middle
> school. Any suggestion would be a big help. . . . . Lauren

Respond to this message.