Re: the 60's......

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Mark Alexander (mamjam)
Mon, 22 Sep 1997 22:31:45 -0500

Respond to this message.

60's sayings, although I'm sure you'll want to edit:

"Make love, not war"
"War is not healthy for children or other living things"
"freak"
"anti-establishment"
"Onward...through the fog." (pot lingo)
"Further"
"love in"
"happening"
"right on"
"Black Power"
"Dig it"
"The devil made me do it"
"With a little bit a help from me friends"

I'll think of more later!

Mark

At 5:38 PM 9/22/97, Bunki Kramer wrote:
>I really enjoyed seeing the idea in the newest issue of ARTS AND ACTIVITIES
>called "Shades of the 60's". I'm doing this with my Yr.Art 8th graders as
>the covers of their portfolios. I need your help....from those of you who
>might be as antiquated as I am, Ha! I've been trying to come up with some
>sayings, etc. that come from the 60's era and all I can think of
>is...."Whatever turns you on, man", "cool", "groovy", "far out, man",
>"peace", "love beads", "afro" "bell-bottoms", "Woodstock", "flower power",
>"beatnik". I KNOW you all can think of alot more than I. The kids were
>rolling their eyes at me this morning when I put on 60's music and talked
>about Woodstock. Can you help me out please?!
>Thanks and cya................
>
>Bunki Kramer
>Los Cerros Middle School
>Danville, California 94526