Re: the 60's......

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Mark Alexander (mamjam)
Mon, 22 Sep 1997 22:31:45 -0500

Respond to this message.

60's sayings, although I'm sure you'll want to edit:

"Make love, not war"
"War is not healthy for children or other living things"
"Onward...through the fog." (pot lingo)
"love in"
"right on"
"Black Power"
"Dig it"
"The devil made me do it"
"With a little bit a help from me friends"

I'll think of more later!

At 5:38 PM 9/22/97, Bunki Kramer wrote:
>I really enjoyed seeing the idea in the newest issue of ARTS AND ACTIVITIES
>called "Shades of the 60's". I'm doing this with my Yr.Art 8th graders as
>the covers of their portfolios. I need your help....from those of you who
>might be as antiquated as I am, Ha! I've been trying to come up with some
>sayings, etc. that come from the 60's era and all I can think of
>is...."Whatever turns you on, man", "cool", "groovy", "far out, man",
>"peace", "love beads", "afro" "bell-bottoms", "Woodstock", "flower power",
>"beatnik". I KNOW you all can think of alot more than I. The kids were
>rolling their eyes at me this morning when I put on 60's music and talked
>about Woodstock. Can you help me out please?!
>Thanks and cya................
>Bunki Kramer
>Los Cerros Middle School
>Danville, California 94526