Paper Marbling

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
ttipton.tz
Fri, 4 Jan 1980 16:05:24 +0300

Respond to this message.

You can do paper marbeling with acrylic paint using liquid
starch as the medium. Fill plastic tubs with about an inch of starch.
The surface tension should be cut by using a piece of newsprint along
the surface. This method can also be used to clean the surface of the
starch in between students.

Mix acrylic with a bit of water to make a creamy consistency.
Paper that is not construction paper can be coated with an alum
mixture (used for pickling, purchased at any drug store or grocery);
but I found that it really coated better without the alum.

Teresa Tipton

From: C604915K
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 20:06:58 -0500 (EST)
Subject: paper marbeling
To: artsednet.edu

I wanted to do some paper marbeling with 5th grade and I needed some
suggestins for a simple, cheap and effective way. Does anyone have
any hints...I found ways that uses oil paints but what about acrylic?
Reply soon..................Chris

--SAQ00131.874683369/africaonline.co.tz--

Respond to this message.