Re: paper marbeling

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
vk20753
Sun, 21 Sep 1997 16:02:13 +0000 (DST)

Respond to this message.

chris-
i have done some paper marbeling in past art classes. The way that my
teachers always did it was quite simple. Take a large aluminum pan(like
for cooking turkey). Fill it 1/2 to 2/3 full, then take enamel, or latex
house paint, and with a mixing stick swirll in aliitle paint. It doesn't
require much. Designs are altered by the use of the mixing stick. Then,
just lay a piece of paper, perhaps handmade into the pan, and push it
under the water just a bit. Hope this works.

virginia krabill
Appalachian State University

On Wed, 17 Sep 1997 C604915K wrote:

> I wanted to do some paper marbeling with 5th grade and I needed some
> suggestins for a simple, cheap and effective way. Does anyone have
> any hints...I found ways that uses oil paints but what about acrylic?
> Reply soon..................Chris

Respond to this message.