Critiques

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Bunki Kramer (bkramer.us)
Sun, 14 Sep 1997 21:52:09 -0700

Respond to this message.

Hi, Duffy....you wrote:
>I'd like to come up with some more questions. Something along the lines of
>"pick a drawing you could make a suggestion about to that artist". Or get
>them to say one positive and one constructive negative thing about a piece
>they choose. Something.

I enjoyed reading your classroom critique lesson. I also like my students
to examine closely each other's works and compare/contrast to their own
works. There are so many positives to this end. Kids get a real sense of
validating their own work.

I took a workshop this summer and the prof. presented an interesting
concept. He actually used master artists' works but you could transfer the
idea to what you are doing. Each of us got a small piece of red, green and
blue const. paper.
We were told to silently walk around the room where art books had been
opened up to specific artworks like Matisse, Picasso, etc. and silently lay
the pieces of paper accordingly....red for your heartfelt favorite (for no
other reason than you really liked it), green for the one you would buy (or
invest your own hard-earned money for), and blue for what you would hang in
your living room/home. The visual outcome of seeing the various colors of
const. paper on certain works and those famous paintings with none were
most interesting and telling. I'll be interested in seeing what my students
will do with this exercise.

Have a great week....Cya..........

Bunki Kramer
Los Cerros Middle School