Re: Glazes & material safety

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Robert Alexander Fromme (rfromme)
Sun, 14 Sep 1997 22:32:17 -0500

Respond to this message.

At 05:11 PM 9/14/97 -0700, jprintz wrote:

>This is my second year of teaching hs ceramics and I'm trying to make a
>safety unit. Amaco makes a safety booklet which is helpful, but it raises
>other questions, like what is the ASTM? I'm working as closely as I can
>with the district office, but no one seems to have tried this before.

The ASTM standards are set by the AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR TESTING
AND MATERIALS, West Conshohocken, PA. You would need to consult
their tests and standadrs for the specific materials you plan to use.

If you have an ISP and web browser, check out:

http://www.astm.org/pub.html

Some of the ASTM publications are online.

Hope this helps,
Bob Fromme

Respond to this message.