Fwd: AH by themes

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
betti longinotti (p-lstudio)
Thu, 11 Sep 1997 18:59:24 -0400

Respond to this message.

--WebTV-Mail-745901721-2847

Tryng again....

In Art & Life,
Betti L.
p-lstudio
or on the www at
http://www.angelfire.com/nc/plstudio

--WebTV-Mail-745901721-2847

From: p-lstudio (betti longinotti)
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 17:01:21 -0400
To: artsednet
Cc: khutton
Subject: AH by themes

--WebTV-Mail-1662550528-659

Maggie and all,
You might look at the interdisciplinary curriculum which Reynolda House,
Museum of American Art advocates. A good example of this is in the
current issue of Art Education co- authored by Kathleen Hutton, their
coordinator of education. The article, "Examining Our Prejudices
Through Art" is a good example of the way they approach the teaching of
art history....by themes. Also several years back I assisted them as a
curriculum consultant in publishing an interdisciplinary curriculum
designed for middle school which could be modified for your use at the
high school level and also give you some good ideas about how you might
adapt a similar format in teaching themes via art history. You might
contact them to see if they still have any copies left for loan or
purchase. I have attached a page from the RH website below. In general
I have found curriculums that art museums create wonderful departures
for the teaching K-12 art history.

In Art & Life,
Betti L.
p-lstudio