Re: Space Exploration and art

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Christine Merriam (ktwnldy.az.us)
Sat, 06 Sep 1997 14:33:00 -0600

Respond to this message.

Debi13 wrote:
>My seventh grade team is using exploration as a theme. The science teacher
>is doing exploration of space. I have found an artist book from the Kennedy
>Space Center that has well know artists renditions or creative
>interpretations of shuttle blast offs. Any other ideas out there? I am
>looking for an artist to focus on for this topic. Thanks Debi

Hi Debi,
One of my ongoing interests is integration of science and art... so glad you
are working on it! Hope this info is of use :)
I found these sites....
http://www.novaspace.com/
http://www.novaspace.com/IAAA/IAAA.shtml
http://www.secapl.com/bonestell/Top.html
http://users.aol.com/butlerart/gallery.html
http://www.lpl.arizona.edu/users/jscotti/art.html

Hope some of the artists represented will be helpful... sounds like a great
unit! Also, have you heard of CIPE.... Center for Image Processing in
Education? I went to a mini workshop with them and it was great!
http://www.cipe.com/

Sincerely,
Chris
_________________________cem.az.us