Re: Chicago area folks

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Fran Marze (fmaiu+@pitt.edu)
Mon, 1 Sep 1997 09:27:14 -0400 (EDT)

Respond to this message.

Just a quick note on what I remember doing for a field trip to the
Carnegie Museum in Pittsburgh with a colleague. We took slides of about 20
pieces of art that were in the museum and that we thought would appeal to
the students (grades 4/5, I think) We then planned a little pre museum
lesson to acquaint them. Actually, the students were enthusiastic as they
recognized the pieces. I think this helped. We also planned some
activities for the students to do and they were also allowed to draw so we
brought some supplies. It depends on the museum. sometimes the docents are
helpful, too.

On Sun, 31 Aug 1997 Laurann65 wrote:

> I was wondering if any of you have ideas about art fieldtrips for elementary
> students that can be taken in the Chicago area. Where have you gone, how
> have you prepared the students, and how have you integrated the experience
> into the classroom? Any suggestions of what to do or what not to do would be
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Laura Allan :)

Respond to this message.