Re: Ho masks

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Alix Peshette (apeshet)
Sun, 22 Sep 1996 19:11:55 +0000

> From: ELENI53
> Date: Sun, 22 Sep 1996 19:26:13 -0400
> To: artsednet
> Subject: Ho masks

> I am looking for any and all background information on Japanese Ho masks. I
> am planning on doing mask making with plaster gauze strips, but I need info
> and/or history on the masks themselves.

Hi,

Do you mean noh drama masks? I have found a really good site with
color photos and character descriptions. Here it is:

http://www.iijnet.or.jp/NOH_MASK/

http://www.iijnet.or.jp/NOH_MASK/mlist_e.html

Here's another place with info on Japanese theatre.

http://www.calley.co.jp/enn/Exhibit/noh/

Hope this helps.

Alix Peshette
Emerson Junior High School