Re: Tempera Paint

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Norman Brown (nobrown.pgh.pa.us)
Fri, 20 Sep 1996 14:18:40 -0400 (EDT)

Yes....a few drops of oil of clove will do the trick....has worked for
me....tempera does not have a great shelf life when it does not come in
powdered form....but at my age I'm not mixing powder paint any
more...even though I have the system down pat.....add hot water the
day before you need it....let set overnight....add more water the next
day and ready to go,,,,took forever for red and black paint to
mix....especially when you need it for 40 screaming kids.....
I also think that adding tap water adds to the quick deteriation of the
paints.

Norm Brown