Re: State standards/ assessment

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Betti Longinotti (blongino)
Fri, 20 Sep 1996 10:06:18 -0400 (EDT)

Nancy & other art educators,
Yes. NC has recently implemented new visual art standards, based
on the National Standards. Also, NC through our Standards and
Accountability Commission, with fiscal support through the NC Arts
Council is is the process of designing not a 'test', but a visual arts
assessment for K-12, through incidentally an organization in NJ, named CLASS.
Check to see if this test at the 4th,8th, and 11th grades is really not a
task assessment. There is a BIG difference.Good Luck!
- Betti L.
NCAEA On Thu, 19 Sep 1996,
Nancy B Knutsen wrote:

> HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!
>
> NJ has adopted state standards. Fine, No problem, I cover them and then a
> whole lot more. However, a state developed test is to be given at the
> 4th, 8th, and 11th grade levels. I'M 4TH. Help!!!!!!!!!
>
> 1. Does your state have standards (be nice, you know what I mean)?
> 2. Have you administered a state generated test?
> 3. Could you please give me an idea of what the children are asked to
> do?( typical question given).
> 4. How are the tests assessed? Marked? Graded? By Whom?
>
> HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP! Thanks, Nancy

  • Reply: Betti Longinotti: "Re: an invitation"