Re: archaeology

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
henry (taylorh)
Tue, 17 Sep 1996 12:15:30 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 17 Sep 1996 ELENI53 wrote:

> My team teacher and I are in the process of completing a (K-8) book on
> Archaeology and Art which is being published by CRIZMAC, Tucson and should be
> out in January. Are there any of you teachers interested in talking about
> archaeology and art history? 'Leni

Sure, Ellen Dissanayake, in her book Homo Aestheticus, mentioned that an
Ocher "crayon" had been unearthed several years back at a site which
appeared to be dated at about 100,000 years ago. (I will have to find the
reference) Have you run into anything additional on that yourself?

Does CRIZMAC have a URL?

-henry