Re: Medieval art

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Leslie Miller (zandee)
Sun, 8 Sep 1996 23:36:43 -0400 (EDT)

Yes, Janet's books is marvelous. Also has a video. I play it constantly
while we are making whistles. I the parts which are appropriate for the part
we are working on at the moment. I usually do whistles with my fifth
graders. they all do fine. You should see their faces when they blow and
their whistles sound! This year I'm going to video them when they play for
the first time. I got a parent to donate an old bamboo rake. Now I need time
to cut the tines into strips. I used sanded popcycle sticks in the past.
Good luck, it's enormous fun. Be sure to make plenty by yourself before you
do it with the kids. Also make one that blows well while leather hard and
cut it in half so the kids can see the thickness of the walls, and where the
two holes are.

Leslie

At 09:25 AM 9/7/96 -0400, John Richmond wrote:
>>Greetings!
>>I'm looking for art projects that I can tie into my 6th graders curriculum
>>of the Middle Ages/Rennaisssance. I tired to make a ceramic whistle-with no
>>luck
>>Any suggestions? Thanks!
>>-Lisa Schaa
>>stratfordk_6
>
>For whistles, get the book and video Clay Whistles, by Janet Moniot. I have
seen it advertised in many catalogues. It is extremely helpful.