Re: artsednet-digest V1 #278

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Barbara Creasy (bcreasy)
Sat, 7 Sep 1996 12:47:19 -0400 (EDT)

> From: Teresa Tipton <>
> Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 06:10:55 -0700 (PDT)
> Subject: Re: Blind students
> Hi Marilyn - another variation on this ida is to have an object under a
> box with an opening for one person to put their hands in, but not view
> what's inside; they sit with a partner and describe outloud what the
> object feels like; the other person has to draw what's being described -
> then you lift up the box and both people compare what was felt/drawn with
> what it is. Then you switch. Good for high school students.

Have you actually done this with a blind student? How did he feel?
Because perceptions are different if you have never seen something, the
result is not the same. Sometimes it might work. I can tell you from
experience, though, it can be embarrasing to be singled out. When the
others are giggling under the blindfolds, it is just a game. They know
they can take off the blindfold and see. When there's no blindfold to
remove and you still can't see, you are reminded again how different you

Barbara Creasy