Re: Medieval art

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
kprs (kprs)
Fri, 06 Sep 1996 21:45:19 -0700

wrapf wrote:

> Lisa,
>
> Try ceramic gargoyles for an exposure to Medieval art and thinking process.
> Kids love monsters, and can be very creative in creating their own. In the
> process they can write or explain what their "gargoyle" is, describing
> personality, accomplishments, and purpose.
>
> Bill Rapf
> Souhegan High School
> wrapf

I did gorgoyles with my kids too! (highschool level). Part of the
assignment was that they had to find a specific spot on the roof/ledges
of the building, and when the gorgoyle was completed, it had to be placed
there (if even just for a moment). Our school is low and flat, bricked,
similar to about every other school built around here, so the low flat
roof edges were easy to get to. We have that ugly 60's overhang in the
front of the school, and most of the gargoyles posed there. (with the
janitors as my best friends I always have access to a variety of parts of
the school, as well as ladders. Once the kids saw their gargoyles
hanging over, it was sort of Notre Damesh.

San D