Re: Blind students

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Teresa Tipton (ttipton.wa.us)
Fri, 6 Sep 1996 06:10:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Marilyn - another variation on this ida is to have an object under a
box with an opening for one person to put their hands in, but not view
what's inside; they sit with a partner and describe outloud what the
object feels like; the other person has to draw what's being described -
then you lift up the box and both people compare what was felt/drawn with
what it is. Then you switch. Good for high school students. You can bring
the objects or have students bring objects in brown paper bags for you to
place in the boxes. When they're finished, you have both parties close
their eyes and replace an object or you have extra boxes for the switching
- whatever works for the numbers you have. Or they can draw from a bag
without looking and put the object inside the box...

Teresa Tipton

P.S. Thanks for the contact in Prague!