Re: Art Contests

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Philip Perry (Philip.Perry.au)
Thu, 5 Sep 1996 12:48:40 GMT-1100

It is very difficult to see any advantages in subjecting
young children to the mind-set involved in competitions.
It is impossible to do so in art.
The Australian Institute of Art Education has adopted
a national policy on this issue. It includes a number of
alternatives to art competitions, replacing them with
interesting and productive activities of benefit to child,
school and community.
I would be happy to e-mail a copy of the policy to anyone
who's interested.
Phil Perry
Monash University
Australia

Date: Wed, 04 Sep 1996 20:31:28 -0600
From: kenroar (Ken Rohrer)
Subject: Art Contest
To: artsednet

Listgroup members- I received this today and thought that you would all be
interested in this information...........

>*real name: Cheryl Sarges
>*replyto: cheryl
>Comments: Hi there. I'm with Gateway 2000's Web Team and just wanted
>to let you know that we're currently holding an "art" contest;
>the grand prize is a Destination Big Screen PC. If you'd
>be interested in spreading the word around, that would be
>fantastic. The contest is open to all ages, and all you need
>to do is draw a cow. What I was thinking is that it would
>be neat if some teachers used this as an art assignment for
>their classes. Anyway, to take a look at the contest itself,
>please go to
>
>http://www.gw2k.com/destination/info/contest.htm
>
>Thanks much, and good luck!
>
>Cheryl Sarges
>Gateway 2000 Web Team

\ *** /---------------/---------------------/--------
\ * * / Ken Rohrer / kenroar / o |
* {O} {O} * oo\ o/ |
* * The Incredible Art Department \ |/ |
* _ _ * http://www.in.net/~kenroar/ |
* ----- *
/ * * \
/ *** \